The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation (HISF) offers full scholarships to students pursuing master’s degrees and PhD program. Both programs are fully funded, and scholars receive free lodging, round-trip airfare to attend an international conference, and a monthly stipend for living expenses in Japan.
Apply for this too fully funded-York university scholarships for international students 2022
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2022 is open to graduate students who will enroll in a full-time program. The aim of establishing Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is to provide scholarships to outstanding students in need of fund for education especially students from developing countries across the globe.
Many international students look to Japan as a study abroad destination due to its vibrant history, amazing food, and cutting-edge culture. In fact as a recipient of an Honjo International Scholarship, you will have access to global university education free. Once accepted as an Honjo Scholar, your school fees are completely covered by our foundation from your arrival in Japan until graduation.
The scholarship is available for full-time international students who seek degree course at any of the partner universities and institutions. As we noted above the scholarship is applicable for graduate or research programs .
Honjo International Scholarship Summary
- program: Masters and PhD
- Institution(s): Japanese universities, sponsored by Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- host country: Japan
- Program duration: From 1 to 5 years.
- Deadline: April 30, 2022 / October 31, 2022
Eligibility Criteria Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement criteria
- The student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- The student must be enrolled as of September 2022 or currently applying for the academic
course starting from September 2022 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already
enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with
jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you
are going to be enrolled in September 2022. Those who are going to enter graduate schools in
Spring 2023 should apply for the 2023 program which starts accepting applications from
September 1 to October 31, 2022 (scheduled).
- In case only taking courses online without coming to Japan, the scholarship payment would not
- In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply.
However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD program must start the PhD course by the age
of 35. The student applying for the master’s program must start the master course by the age
of 30 (No exception).
- The student must have a strong will to serve in their home country as a future career plan.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must
attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be
conducted in Japanese (
How to Apply Honjo International Scholarship
- Enter the “Online application system” and then complete all the necessary information. Upload the required documents A~ D as PDF file.
- When you have completed the application procedure, an application number will be issued. The application numbers of the successful students will be announced on our website. Note, the application number should be saved.
Documents required to be uploaded are as follows:
- Academic transcript (In Japanese or English; you are to attach a translation in case of other languages.)
- Research Proposal: Use the designated template and write in Japanese language. The template of the MS Word file is available on their website. This is what is needed in the proposal
- What you are going to research
- What and how you are going to contribute to your home country based on what you will learn or study in Japan
- What you already achieved regarding research, academic, and social activity
- A recommendation letter from a supervisor: Please obtain a recommendation letter describing your academic performances, personal characteristics evaluation, future potential, etc. You can also obtain a recommendation letter from your previous supervisor in your country, if the recommender is familiar with your academic background. *The number of sheets and formats are not designated. *The recommender can send the recommendation letter directly to the foundation without sending it to the applicant.
The letter should be sent from the recommender’s email account to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the date of the deadline. The file’s name should include the applicant’s name and an application number that the applicant is given. *When the applicant receives the recommendation letter from the recommender, they should upload it to the online application system.
The recommender’s signature or seal is necessary for the recommendation letter. D. Documents that prove admission, such as an admission letter, a letter of acceptance, etc.
For more information regarding the application process, kindly CLICK HERE
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation (official Website)
To know more about Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Foreign Scholarships, kindly visit the official website of the scholarship provider