The University of Waterloo scholarships are fully funded scholarships for international students Interested in undergraduate program, masters or phd program. The scholarships are two types: The David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards and International Master’s Award of Excellence valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of 6 terms. The prestigious university which is located in Canada is a public research university in Waterloo, Ontario and one of the most innovative universities in the world.
The University of Waterloo is a founding member of the U15, a group of research-intensive universities in Canada. The University of Waterloo is internationally recognized for its excellence in mathematics and computer science – ranked 1st in Canada and 13th in the world by the QS World University Rankings® 2018.
The prestigious university located in Canada welcomes over a thousand international students each year, representing more than 100 countries. This scholarship has all degree programs for undergraduate, postgraduate, and certificate programs. The Scholarships are awarded to students on the basis of academic merit, financial need, and demonstrated leadership plus other outstanding qualities.
Why study at waterloo?
The University of waterloo offers an excellent education with a variety of academic programs. The quality of teaching, research, and student life at the university is ranked among the top in Canada. University of waterloo is a connected community that offers a wide range of activities for its students to keep them engaged outside the classroom.
The University of waterloo Scholarships in Canada are scholarship for students who carry out excellent research. The program offers a chance for young minds to pursue their dreams and make a difference in the world. As we noted above, the scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a strong social awareness of community engagement.
Aside studying at the University of Waterloo, There are many reasons why you should choose Canada as a study destination. The first is the quality of education. Canadian universities have been ranked among the best in the world. Students will also be able to enjoy a plethora of affordable housing options, and other affordable living expenses.
In addition to the added convenience factor, students who study in Canada are exposed to a variety of different cultures and diverse experiences through their fellow classmates. The Canadian education system is similar to that of an American university, which makes the transition from one country to another much easier for international students
University of Waterloo Scholarships 2022-2023 -Summary
- programe: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Waterloo
- Host country: Canada
- Courses Offered: undergraduate and masters(research based)
- Program Period: This varies, It depends on the chosen program.
- For Undergraduate: April 15, July 15, November 15
- For Masters and PhD: Click here to view the program specific deadline.
University of Waterloo Scholarships covers the following expenses
- The David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards will be awarded worth up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience, up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.
- International Master’s Award of Excellence is valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of 6 terms.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Waterloo Scholarships
To be eligible for University of Waterloo Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates with a good academic record (normally a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally a minimum 75% average at the graduate level) are eligible to apply for these scholarships for international students who are registered full-time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorships – see next bullet.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grandparented under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
- The required language is English
- Students from all over the world are eligible to apply too
How to apply University of Waterloo Scholarships ?
Please follow below steps to avail David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Award scholarship:
The applicants need to apply for undergraduate and graduate degree program admission. after application, the candidate can now access the application of their form pages.
during the application, you are to attach personal statement
All applicants must provide evidence of their English language ability to meets the minimum requirements for admission
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for International Master’s Award of Excellence scholarship:
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission; hence no separate scholarship application is required.
- Departments and/or Faculties will select the students and nominate for the scholarship.
- See the official website (link found below) for the application deadlines specific to each Masters degree program.
kindly check the official websites for more information
- International Master’s Award of Excellence scholarship (first button)
- David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Award (second button)